Patient / Visitor Information
Standards of Service
Please allow time for download after clicking to view PDF file
McPHERSON HOSPITAL, INC MISSION STATEMENT
Superior health care and exceptional service for each person, every time.
McPHERSON HOSPITAL, INC. VISION
To be our community’s first choice for health care.
McPHERSON HOSPITAL, INC. VALUES
- Trust – In order to build trust, each of us will be responsible.
- Integrity – We are honest. We treat each person the way we would want to be treated.
- Communication – We practice open and effective communication according to confidential rules.
- Knowledge – We strive to be knowledgeable in our respective fields and to do our jobs with confidence and skill.
- Empathetic Care – We listen carefully and attempt to understand each person’s needs as if they were our own.
- Teamwork – We work as a team to provide the best and most efficient care.
Return to Top
STANDARDS OF SERVICE
How to Demonstrate Values in Patient Care
Values of McPherson Hospital, Inc will be demonstrated by our words, our actions and our attitudes. "Positive and caring" are two simple words that will govern every interaction we have with patients, family and other customers of McPherson Hospital, Inc.
- We will treat others as they would like to be treated.
- We will maintain patient, resident and employee confidentiality and respect at all times.
- We will make appropriate eye contact while offering assistance and caring.
- We will offer McPherson Hospital, Inc. maps and escort customers to guide them throughout the hospital and the clinic.
- We will use kind, courteous, simple language and appropriate body language.
- We will answer the telephone within three rings and transfer customers politely, promptly and professionally.
- We will respond to requests – in person or electronically – promptly, responding the same day request is made or within twenty-four hours.
- We will strive for quality and consistency in all we do, and we will maintain integrity by trying to do what we say we will do, when we say we will do it. And when we fail to do so, we will apologize.
- We will wear a nametag and introduce ourselves, our role, and purpose.
- We will ensure patients wait no more than fifteen minutes for their appointment without being informed of the reason and offered options.
- We will be creative and cost efficient – a good steward – in use of resources.
- We will be committed to keeping the physical environment neat, clean and organized.
- We will be committed to learning to improve our skills, maintain a great attitude and make meaningful contributions to our team.
- We will be a positive spokesperson for the healthcare system; representing our co- workers and ourselves positively when we are in the communities we serve.
- We will take problems to our supervisor as appropriate, offering solutions to those problems.
Return to Top