Physical / Occupational Therapy Services
The McPherson Hospital Physical and Occupational Therapy Department is committed to returning patients to their optimal level of function and performance in the shortest amount of time possible. Our experienced team of therapists offer a wide array of services individually tailored to each patient's needs.
comprehensive services include evaluation and treatment of
any condition that limits or decreases one's ability to perform
activities of daily living like dressing, bathing, working
and participating in leisure activities. We provide skilled
interventions to treat the following:
- Musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction, including low back pain, neck pain, headaches, postural disorders and hand, hip, shoulder, knee, ankle or foot problems.
- Sports-related injuries
- Balance disorders, including frequent falls or vestibular disorders (inner ear problems).
- Neurological rehabilitation, including stroke or peripheral nerve disorders
- Pre-operative and post-operative rehabilitation, including back, shoulder, knee, ankle, foot or joint replacement surgeries.
- Wound care, including treatment of diabetic ulcers, burns or other chronic wounds.
- Pediatric therapy, including treatment for physical disorders, developmental disorders and sensory integration dysfunction in infants or children.
- Cognitive deficits
- Prenatal and postnatal programming, including pregnancy-related
- Prosthetic and orthotic training
- Work-related injuries, including return-to-work conditioning, body mechanics and ergonomics education and instruction. Job site evaluations provided as needed.
- Cumulative trauma injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome and tendinitis.
- Incontinence training and treatment for pelvic pain.
The department is located on the southwest corner of the McPherson Hospital medical campus. Patients may enter through the south annex entrance. Call 241-2250, ext. 148 for information.